Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
West side store robbed at knifepoint
MANCHESTER - A man armed with a knife robbed a west side convenience store Thursday night.
A 23-year-old clerk and a 44-year-old customer were in Crosstown Variety, 270 Amory St., about 8:30 p.m. when a man wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and a black mask entered the store. He demanded cigarettes and cash while holding a knife or blade largely obscured by his hand, according to a police press release.
The clerk handed him some cash from the register and gave him a carton of Newports which he quickly concealed before heading out the door.
The robber is described as about 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-9, weighing 220 pounds. He wore blue jeans, white sneakers and black gloves with yellow or tan trim.
Police said the robber had a raspy voice.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Mancheter Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 19
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 0
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South to shut down after propane tank crashes - 0
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 1
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424