Home » News » Public Safety
Two city women rescued at Bear Brook State Park
ALLENSTOWN — Local and state officials rescued two Manchester women who slid on ice and became stranded in a ravine at Bear Brook State Park on Friday, state fish and game officials said.
Melanie Beaudoin and Krystie Gugger, both 22, were unhurt when they slid off the trail into the ravine near Catamount Brook. They used a cell phone to call for help.
Rescue workers from Fish and Game, Allenstown police and Allenstown fire used the women's cell phone coordinates to locate them. They were out of the woods about 4 p.m., two hours after falling.
“With the long holiday weekend ahead of us, this incident serves as a poignant reminder that all hikers need to be prepared for varying conditions,” said Fish and Game Lt. James Juneau.
The two were wearing ice-creepers.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 101
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time