Monarchs limp home for 2 games
The Manchester Monarchs on Friday night dropped their third game in a row, a 5-1 decision to the Adirondack Phantoms in Glens Falls, N.Y.
Manchester has been outscored 14-3 in its last three games and has dropped to 28-23-0-2, but remains in second place in the Atlantic Division behind St. John’s. The Phantoms are in last place in the Northeast Division with a record of 22-24-2-1.
Adirondack scored the first two goals of the game and never trailed. Brandon Kozun scored the lone Monarch goal, his 14th of the season, to make it 2-1 midway through the second period.
But the Phantoms finished the game with three unanswered to pull away for the win.
Jordan Hill got the assist on the goal by Kozun, which came at the 11:09 mark of the second.
Matthew Ford scored two goals for the Phantoms, including one in the third period when Adirondack scored twice 44 seconds apart to seal the deal.
Jeff Zatkoff had 23 saves for Manchester, which hosts the Hershey Bears (Philadelphia Flyers affiliate) tonight at 7 p.m. and then has a rematch with the Phantoms on Sunday at 3 p.m. at Verizon Wireless Arena.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 0
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
- Sullinger has figured out NBA schedule maker - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
- Derry medical corps to seek grant - 0
- NH reps eyeing budget deal - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840