Monarchs limp home for 2 games
The Manchester Monarchs on Friday night dropped their third game in a row, a 5-1 decision to the Adirondack Phantoms in Glens Falls, N.Y.
Manchester has been outscored 14-3 in its last three games and has dropped to 28-23-0-2, but remains in second place in the Atlantic Division behind St. John’s. The Phantoms are in last place in the Northeast Division with a record of 22-24-2-1.
Adirondack scored the first two goals of the game and never trailed. Brandon Kozun scored the lone Monarch goal, his 14th of the season, to make it 2-1 midway through the second period.
But the Phantoms finished the game with three unanswered to pull away for the win.
Jordan Hill got the assist on the goal by Kozun, which came at the 11:09 mark of the second.
Matthew Ford scored two goals for the Phantoms, including one in the third period when Adirondack scored twice 44 seconds apart to seal the deal.
Jeff Zatkoff had 23 saves for Manchester, which hosts the Hershey Bears (Philadelphia Flyers affiliate) tonight at 7 p.m. and then has a rematch with the Phantoms on Sunday at 3 p.m. at Verizon Wireless Arena.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kattar wins main event in MMA action in Salem - 0
- Pro bouts highlight Rockingham Park MMA card in Salem - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: The magic has returned to Fenway - 0
- MLB draft rich with NH talent - 0
- Red Sox stuck to their plan during draft - 0
- Salem boys take another v-ball title - 0
- LeBlanc paces Conant win over Somersworth for Division III baseball title - 0
- Perkins paces Pittsfield - 0
- State girls final tennis match gains attention for the wrong reason - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 12
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 11
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840