Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth woman hospitalized in crash
SOMERSWORTH — A portion of busy Route 9 was closed for an hour Saturday morning after a single-vehicle crash.
Sgt. Matt Amatucci said Gail Williams, 36, of Somersworth was traveling northbound on High Street (Route 9) just north of Stackpole Road when she apparently suffered some type of medical problem.
Her Ford Expedition hit the curb on the right shoulder of the road, then crossed all three lanes and struck a concrete retaining wall on the opposite side of the road, he said.
The vehicle then rolled onto the passenger side and struck a telephone pole, trapping Williams inside.
Williams was taken to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital with what Amatucci said were non-life-threatening injuries.
The crash happened around 8:20 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072