Home » News » Public Safety
Hollis man arrested in Hudson handgun incident
HUDSON - A Hollis man was arrested after allegedly shooting a handgun in a Hudson parking lot Saturday afternoon.
Police said Kenneth Dufresne, 28, of 64 Flint Rock Road, Hollis, was charged with reckless conduct and possession of a controlled substance.
Police were called to the Central Street Plaza for a report of shots fired at about 11:52 p.m. Feb. 18, according to the Hudson Police Department. Witnesses told officer that two men were in the lot shortly before police arrived and one allegedly fired one shot from a handgun. No injuries were reported.
Dufresne was identified as a possible suspect who had fled the scene. Police believed Dufresne would be in the Williams Drive area in Hudson and arrested him there without incident at about 2:06 a.m. on Feb. 19.
Police are not looking for any other suspects in the incident.
“The only person involved and charged accordingly was Mr. Dufresne,” said Lt. David Bianchi of the Hudson Police Department.
Dufresne posted $2,500 bail and will be arraigned in the 9th Circuit Court in Nashua at a later date, Bianchi said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge orders fired Manchester officer back to jail to finish sentence - 3
- Claremont police dispatcher charged with sex assault and incest, placed on leave - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 8
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform