Home » News » Public Safety
Hollis man arrested in Hudson handgun incident
HUDSON - A Hollis man was arrested after allegedly shooting a handgun in a Hudson parking lot Saturday afternoon.
Police said Kenneth Dufresne, 28, of 64 Flint Rock Road, Hollis, was charged with reckless conduct and possession of a controlled substance.
Police were called to the Central Street Plaza for a report of shots fired at about 11:52 p.m. Feb. 18, according to the Hudson Police Department. Witnesses told officer that two men were in the lot shortly before police arrived and one allegedly fired one shot from a handgun. No injuries were reported.
Dufresne was identified as a possible suspect who had fled the scene. Police believed Dufresne would be in the Williams Drive area in Hudson and arrested him there without incident at about 2:06 a.m. on Feb. 19.
Police are not looking for any other suspects in the incident.
“The only person involved and charged accordingly was Mr. Dufresne,” said Lt. David Bianchi of the Hudson Police Department.
Dufresne posted $2,500 bail and will be arraigned in the 9th Circuit Court in Nashua at a later date, Bianchi said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 6
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Gambling debate begins following frantic lobbying - 6
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 7
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs