Detroit Red Wings waive former UNH star Conklin
Howard, who has missed the last eight games with a broken right index finger, will start tonight in Chicago, according to the Detroit News.
Joey MacDonald, who has won six straight, has earned the Wings' backup spot, according to the newspaper.
';Ty knows Joey has been a great story for us,'; said Wings GM Ken Holland. ';And I still think Ty's got some good hockey in him. He's played some good games for us.';
If Conklin is left unclaimed by today, he will be sent to Grand Rapids of the American Hockey League. Conklin is 3-5-0 with a .878 save percentage and 3.40 goals-against average in 11 games this season.
He has not played since Feb. 4.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.