Detroit Red Wings waive former UNH star Conklin
The Detroit Red Wings on Monday put former University of New Hampshire star Ty Conklin on waivers, making room for the return of No. 1 goalie Jimmy Howard.
Howard, who has missed the last eight games with a broken right index finger, will start tonight in Chicago, according to the Detroit News.
Joey MacDonald, who has won six straight, has earned the Wings' backup spot, according to the newspaper.
“Ty knows Joey has been a great story for us,” said Wings GM Ken Holland. “And I still think Ty's got some good hockey in him. He's played some good games for us.”
If Conklin is left unclaimed by today, he will be sent to Grand Rapids of the American Hockey League. Conklin is 3-5-0 with a .878 save percentage and 3.40 goals-against average in 11 games this season.
He has not played since Feb. 4.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 1
- U.S. preparing for grueling World Cup - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840