Home » News » Public Safety
R.I. snowmobiler still critical after accident in Pittsburg
LEBANON — A 64-year-old Charlestown, R.I., man identified as David Ruberto remained in critical condition Wednesday at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center after a snowmobile crash Sunday in Pittsburg left him with injuries that include fractured vertebrae.
“Mr. Ruberto was going across Back Lake when he failed to exit the lake onto the trail, crashing his snowmobile into the woods near the Back Lake beach,” state Fish and Game officials said in a news release.
Ruberto also suffered several fractured ribs, a concussion and a dislocated hip, according to Fish and Game officials, who are trying to determine the cause of the accident. Alcohol and speed do not appear to have been factors, they said in the release.
Pittsburg Fire and Rescue personnel treated Ruberto at the scene before he was transported to Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook. He later was taken by helicopter to DHMC.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Millsfield ready to resume holding first primary vote - 0
- The Pope's anniversary: Viewing him through different lenses - 0
- Up late with Shaheen: Misplaced Senate priorities - 0
- Jindal says GOP has to 'be a party that's for something' - 0
- Roger Brown's H.S. Basketball: Bedford girls ready to face Simpson, Lancers - 0
- Dave Solomon's Gettin' Down to Business: Tim Eccleston has a health dream for the nation - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Always trust your cape, but watch out for snakes - 0
- Third-party food delivery on the rise - 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity