Home » News » Public Safety
R.I. snowmobiler still critical after accident in Pittsburg
LEBANON — A 64-year-old Charlestown, R.I., man identified as David Ruberto remained in critical condition Wednesday at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center after a snowmobile crash Sunday in Pittsburg left him with injuries that include fractured vertebrae.
“Mr. Ruberto was going across Back Lake when he failed to exit the lake onto the trail, crashing his snowmobile into the woods near the Back Lake beach,” state Fish and Game officials said in a news release.
Ruberto also suffered several fractured ribs, a concussion and a dislocated hip, according to Fish and Game officials, who are trying to determine the cause of the accident. Alcohol and speed do not appear to have been factors, they said in the release.
Pittsburg Fire and Rescue personnel treated Ruberto at the scene before he was transported to Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook. He later was taken by helicopter to DHMC.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions