Home » News » Public Safety
R.I. snowmobiler still critical after accident in Pittsburg
LEBANON — A 64-year-old Charlestown, R.I., man identified as David Ruberto remained in critical condition Wednesday at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center after a snowmobile crash Sunday in Pittsburg left him with injuries that include fractured vertebrae.
“Mr. Ruberto was going across Back Lake when he failed to exit the lake onto the trail, crashing his snowmobile into the woods near the Back Lake beach,” state Fish and Game officials said in a news release.
Ruberto also suffered several fractured ribs, a concussion and a dislocated hip, according to Fish and Game officials, who are trying to determine the cause of the accident. Alcohol and speed do not appear to have been factors, they said in the release.
Pittsburg Fire and Rescue personnel treated Ruberto at the scene before he was transported to Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook. He later was taken by helicopter to DHMC.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 4
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Hampton woman, 75, hit by truck in Newington in serious condition - 0
- Police: Handling issues of mentally ill just part of the job - 0
- Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use - 5
- Officials: Missing teen sent letter weeks after last sighting - 0
- UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m. - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072