Home » News » Public Safety
R.I. snowmobiler still critical after accident in Pittsburg
LEBANON — A 64-year-old Charlestown, R.I., man identified as David Ruberto remained in critical condition Wednesday at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center after a snowmobile crash Sunday in Pittsburg left him with injuries that include fractured vertebrae.
“Mr. Ruberto was going across Back Lake when he failed to exit the lake onto the trail, crashing his snowmobile into the woods near the Back Lake beach,” state Fish and Game officials said in a news release.
Ruberto also suffered several fractured ribs, a concussion and a dislocated hip, according to Fish and Game officials, who are trying to determine the cause of the accident. Alcohol and speed do not appear to have been factors, they said in the release.
Pittsburg Fire and Rescue personnel treated Ruberto at the scene before he was transported to Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook. He later was taken by helicopter to DHMC.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 4
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0