Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Two charged in Portsmouth armed robbery
PORTSMOUTH — Two city men are under arrest, accused of robbing a man at gunpoint at Winchester Place Apartments.
Justin Simpson, 23, of 430 F.W. Hartford Drive, and Michael Keri, 48, of 246 Thornton St., are charged with armed robbery, conspiracy to commit armed robbery and simple assault.
Just before 11 p.m. Wednesday, a man stopped at the police station to report he was assaulted and robbed at gunpoint in the area of Ledgewood Drive at Winchester Place.
Capt. Corey F. MacDonald, who declined to identify the alleged victim, said the man went to meet Simpson and Keri and was robbed.
“We believe it was for drug-related reasons,” MacDonald said. The man, who had minor injuries to his face and was treated by ambulance staff in the police department lobby but not transported to the hospital, was not charged.
Police deployed the entire midnight shift to the scene and surrounding areas. Officer James Noury spotted a car matching the description of the robbers’ vehicle in the parking lot of The Big Apple on Lafayette Road and, with guns drawn, he and K-9 Officer Eric Kinsman arrested Simpson and Keri, who were inside it.
Keri refused bail while Simpson’s was set at $25,000 cash.
Both are expected to be arraigned Friday, but MacDonald said which court is yet to be determined.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Somersworth plaza evacuated after phoned threat to blow up NH State Liquor Store - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival - 0
- Police seek two men in Concord home invasion - 0
- No arrests in Manchester SWAT incident - 0
- Man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation found dead - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 1
- UPDATED: Police locate man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation - 0
- Suspect in Hampstead home invasion seeks to have statements tossed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Canaan man killed when car falls on him - 0
- Fight leads to stabbing in Plymouth - 0
- Canaan man dies after vehicle falls on him - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Crunch time and the dollars are flying in NH races - 0
- Vickers earns first pole in five years - 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 4
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 20
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 5
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
Sprague seeks more assets from Fuller Oil
More violence at Keene