Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Four Concord teens indicted on riot charges in stabbing, beating
CONCORD - A Concord teen is under indictment, accused of stabbing a man in the chest last December.
Tyler R. Burley, 17, of 3 South Main St., Apt. 209, and three other teens also are facing charges of felony riot in connection with the Dec. 3 incident on Heartwood Lane.
Burley was indicted by a Merrimack County grand jury on a felony charge of first degree assault. He is accused of stabbing Garrett Tupman, 24, in the chest on Dec. 3 at 15 Heartwood Lane. Tupman was taken to Concord Hospital where he was treated for the injuries which, at the time, were considered life-threatening.
The stabbing and beating of Tupman happened after Tupman pepper-sprayed Andrew I. Sajko, 18, who earlier in the week was hitting on Tupman’s girlfriend via text messages, according to a report in the Concord Monitor.
Burley also was indicted on felony charges of riot, alleging he, Joseph D. Bye, Dustin P. Averill and Sajko got together to engage in “tumultuous or violent conduct” and assaulted Tupman; and criminal threatening, accusing him of holding a knife while approaching Kristina Amyot, Tupman’s girlfriend, and asking if she wanted to be stabbed.
Burley was also indicted on misdemeanor offenses of simple assault, accusing him of hitting Tupman with a stick, and resisting arrest.
Sajko, 18, of 1 Matthew St., Apt. 10, was indicted on a felony riot charge and misdemeanor counts of criminal mischief, accusing him of slashing tires on Amyot’s Lincoln MKX SUV; simple assault, for allegedly hitting Tupman with a stick, and resisting arrest.
Averill, 17, of 2 Holly St., Apt. 4, was indicted on felony riot and misdemeanor simple assault accusing him of kicking Tupman.
Bye was indicted for felony riot and misdemeanor simple assault alleging he kicked Tupman.
According to the Concord Monitor, Tupman lured Sajko to Amyot’s apartment. Burley was with Sajko when they arrived at the apartment building where Tupman confronted the teens in a stairwell and pepper sprayed them.
The teens fled outside where Sajko began slashing the tires on Amyot’s car. Tupman, armed with a small baseball bat, went back outside where police said the group of teens surrounded him. He took a swing at them and was allegedly stabbed in the chest by Burley. He fell to the ground and the teens began to kick him, according to the Concord Monitor report.
Tupman’s friend pulled a wooden plowing stake out of the ground and ran at the teens, hitting one of them in the face which gave Tupman time to stand up but almost immediately he was stabbed in the back and, for a second time, collapsed and fell to the ground.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483