May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Loudon man indicted in shooting of wife
CONCORD - A Loudon man was indicted on simple assault and reckless conduct charges in the November shooting of his wife.
The Merrimack County grand jury issued indictments against Mark Hillson, 45, of 46 Flagg Road, on Friday. The indictments were made public today.
On Nov. 13, Gina Hillson, 49, was shot in the legs and abdomen inside the couple’s apartment on Flagg Road, according to the indictments.
The shooting happened about 8 p.m. on Nov. 13. According to documents on file in Concord District Court, Mrs. Hillson told investigators she went to their bedroom door and found it locked. As she walked away towards the kitchen, she heard shots, felt heat and pain in her legs and abdomen and fell to the floor.
The bullets went through the wall and hit her while she had a phone in her hand. She immediately dialed 911.
Mr. Hillson told police he heard his wife scream and ran to help her. He said he was cleaning the gun and had chambered a round into the weapon a second time while moving the slide forward and the gun fired.
He told police he did not know how the gun fired. H said he was holding the gun, had a military background and was familiar with various types of weapons but never experienced a situation where a gun fired that way.
The couple was not arguing at the time of the shooting, according to court documents.
Mrs Hillson told police she did not remember what happened or what she and her husband were talking about at the time. She told investigators she did not want them in her home but state police obtained a warrant to search it.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 34
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424