Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Loudon man indicted in shooting of wife
CONCORD - A Loudon man was indicted on simple assault and reckless conduct charges in the November shooting of his wife.
The Merrimack County grand jury issued indictments against Mark Hillson, 45, of 46 Flagg Road, on Friday. The indictments were made public today.
On Nov. 13, Gina Hillson, 49, was shot in the legs and abdomen inside the couple’s apartment on Flagg Road, according to the indictments.
The shooting happened about 8 p.m. on Nov. 13. According to documents on file in Concord District Court, Mrs. Hillson told investigators she went to their bedroom door and found it locked. As she walked away towards the kitchen, she heard shots, felt heat and pain in her legs and abdomen and fell to the floor.
The bullets went through the wall and hit her while she had a phone in her hand. She immediately dialed 911.
Mr. Hillson told police he heard his wife scream and ran to help her. He said he was cleaning the gun and had chambered a round into the weapon a second time while moving the slide forward and the gun fired.
He told police he did not know how the gun fired. H said he was holding the gun, had a military background and was familiar with various types of weapons but never experienced a situation where a gun fired that way.
The couple was not arguing at the time of the shooting, according to court documents.
Mrs Hillson told police she did not remember what happened or what she and her husband were talking about at the time. She told investigators she did not want them in her home but state police obtained a warrant to search it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth