Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Loudon man indicted in shooting of wife
CONCORD - A Loudon man was indicted on simple assault and reckless conduct charges in the November shooting of his wife.
The Merrimack County grand jury issued indictments against Mark Hillson, 45, of 46 Flagg Road, on Friday. The indictments were made public today.
On Nov. 13, Gina Hillson, 49, was shot in the legs and abdomen inside the couple’s apartment on Flagg Road, according to the indictments.
The shooting happened about 8 p.m. on Nov. 13. According to documents on file in Concord District Court, Mrs. Hillson told investigators she went to their bedroom door and found it locked. As she walked away towards the kitchen, she heard shots, felt heat and pain in her legs and abdomen and fell to the floor.
The bullets went through the wall and hit her while she had a phone in her hand. She immediately dialed 911.
Mr. Hillson told police he heard his wife scream and ran to help her. He said he was cleaning the gun and had chambered a round into the weapon a second time while moving the slide forward and the gun fired.
He told police he did not know how the gun fired. H said he was holding the gun, had a military background and was familiar with various types of weapons but never experienced a situation where a gun fired that way.
The couple was not arguing at the time of the shooting, according to court documents.
Mrs Hillson told police she did not remember what happened or what she and her husband were talking about at the time. She told investigators she did not want them in her home but state police obtained a warrant to search it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424