May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Loudon man indicted in shooting of wife
CONCORD - A Loudon man was indicted on simple assault and reckless conduct charges in the November shooting of his wife.
The Merrimack County grand jury issued indictments against Mark Hillson, 45, of 46 Flagg Road, on Friday. The indictments were made public today.
On Nov. 13, Gina Hillson, 49, was shot in the legs and abdomen inside the couple’s apartment on Flagg Road, according to the indictments.
The shooting happened about 8 p.m. on Nov. 13. According to documents on file in Concord District Court, Mrs. Hillson told investigators she went to their bedroom door and found it locked. As she walked away towards the kitchen, she heard shots, felt heat and pain in her legs and abdomen and fell to the floor.
The bullets went through the wall and hit her while she had a phone in her hand. She immediately dialed 911.
Mr. Hillson told police he heard his wife scream and ran to help her. He said he was cleaning the gun and had chambered a round into the weapon a second time while moving the slide forward and the gun fired.
He told police he did not know how the gun fired. H said he was holding the gun, had a military background and was familiar with various types of weapons but never experienced a situation where a gun fired that way.
The couple was not arguing at the time of the shooting, according to court documents.
Mrs Hillson told police she did not remember what happened or what she and her husband were talking about at the time. She told investigators she did not want them in her home but state police obtained a warrant to search it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 0
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 2
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 6
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 0
- FBI agent kills Florida man with suspected ties to Marathon bombing - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 9
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424