Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Child returns to find burglar in house
CANDIA — A 13-year-old boy surprised a burglar at his Main Street home Thursday afternoon, Patrolman Dan Gray said.
Gray said the youth was returning home from school about 3:30 p.m. Thursday and walked in on a man who had forced his way into the home. The man, described as 5 feet 8 with a medium build, left the house with jewelry, Gray said.
“He actually had to go past the child to get out of the house,” Gray said.
The boy was not injured and the man drove away in a black BMW with dealer plates, Gray said.
Gray said police believe the man was also responsible for another burglary that happened nearby on Patten Hill Road shortly before the Main Street burglary.
He said police do not have any reports of a black BMW being stolen in Candia, but said police have some leads on cars with dealer plates “that were in the area that we are following up on.”
He said anyone with information is asked to call police at 483-2318 or the Rockingham County dispatch center at 679-2225.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 10
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 7
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief