Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Child returns to find burglar in house
CANDIA — A 13-year-old boy surprised a burglar at his Main Street home Thursday afternoon, Patrolman Dan Gray said.
Gray said the youth was returning home from school about 3:30 p.m. Thursday and walked in on a man who had forced his way into the home. The man, described as 5 feet 8 with a medium build, left the house with jewelry, Gray said.
“He actually had to go past the child to get out of the house,” Gray said.
The boy was not injured and the man drove away in a black BMW with dealer plates, Gray said.
Gray said police believe the man was also responsible for another burglary that happened nearby on Patten Hill Road shortly before the Main Street burglary.
He said police do not have any reports of a black BMW being stolen in Candia, but said police have some leads on cars with dealer plates “that were in the area that we are following up on.”
He said anyone with information is asked to call police at 483-2318 or the Rockingham County dispatch center at 679-2225.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Murder suspect fit for trial? - 2
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483