Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Child returns to find burglar in house
CANDIA — A 13-year-old boy surprised a burglar at his Main Street home Thursday afternoon, Patrolman Dan Gray said.
Gray said the youth was returning home from school about 3:30 p.m. Thursday and walked in on a man who had forced his way into the home. The man, described as 5 feet 8 with a medium build, left the house with jewelry, Gray said.
“He actually had to go past the child to get out of the house,” Gray said.
The boy was not injured and the man drove away in a black BMW with dealer plates, Gray said.
Gray said police believe the man was also responsible for another burglary that happened nearby on Patten Hill Road shortly before the Main Street burglary.
He said police do not have any reports of a black BMW being stolen in Candia, but said police have some leads on cars with dealer plates “that were in the area that we are following up on.”
He said anyone with information is asked to call police at 483-2318 or the Rockingham County dispatch center at 679-2225.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 40
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424