Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Child returns to find burglar in house
CANDIA — A 13-year-old boy surprised a burglar at his Main Street home Thursday afternoon, Patrolman Dan Gray said.
Gray said the youth was returning home from school about 3:30 p.m. Thursday and walked in on a man who had forced his way into the home. The man, described as 5 feet 8 with a medium build, left the house with jewelry, Gray said.
“He actually had to go past the child to get out of the house,” Gray said.
The boy was not injured and the man drove away in a black BMW with dealer plates, Gray said.
Gray said police believe the man was also responsible for another burglary that happened nearby on Patten Hill Road shortly before the Main Street burglary.
He said police do not have any reports of a black BMW being stolen in Candia, but said police have some leads on cars with dealer plates “that were in the area that we are following up on.”
He said anyone with information is asked to call police at 483-2318 or the Rockingham County dispatch center at 679-2225.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 2
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483