Monarchs: Voynov to LA, Loktionov to Manchester
The Los Angeles Kings have recalled defenseman Slava Voynov from Manchester of the American Hockey League and have assigned forward Andrei Loktionov to the Monarchs.
Voynov, 22, has 11 points (4 goal, 7 assists), eight penalty minutes and a plus-4 rating in 26 games with the Kings in his first season in the NHL. Among NHL rookie defensemen, Voynov is tied for eighth in points, tied for second in goals and tied for 10th in assists. The 5-11, 199-pound native of Chelyabinsk, Russia, has four points (2-2-4) and four penalty minutes in 15 games with Manchester. Voynov was originally selected by the Kings in the second round (32nd overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Loktionov, 21, has seven points (3-4) and two penalty minutes in 39 games with the Kings this season. The 5-10, 179-pound native of Voskresensk, Russia, has 14 points (3-114) and eight penalty minutes in 17 games with Manchester. Loktionov was originally selected by the Kings in the fifth round (123rd overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 6
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Gambling debate begins following frantic lobbying - 6
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 7
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840