Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Woman charged with first-degree murder of Sandown man
SANDOWN — A woman faces a first-degree murder charge in the shooting death of a Sandown man found dead at his home last month.
Nicole R. LeBlanc, 38, was arrested Friday morning and charged with killing Richard Mannion Jr. on Jan. 14, Attorney General Michael A. Delaney, State Police Col. Robert Quinn, and Police Chief Joseph Gordon announced Friday afternoon in a joint statement.
Mannion, 43, was found dead inside his home at 31 Hollow Oak Drive after police responded to the residence following a 911 call.
Authorities provided no other details on the arrest or a possible motive for the killing.
Assistant Attorney General Peter Hinckley declined to disclose LeBlanc's place of residence, saying that despite the arrest the case is still an “open and active” investigation and that LeBlanc would have an attorney at her arraignment Monday who could provide more information.
Hinckley also wouldn't say how LeBlanc and Mannion may have known each other.
“At this point I'm really limited to the information we provided (in a news release),” Hinckley said.
LeBlanc is being held without bail at the Rockingham County jail and will be arraigned Monday at 9 a.m. in the 10th Circuit-Derry District Division.
Mannion had two older daughters and two younger sons and was reportedly divorced three times. He bought the ranch home in Sandown in 2010.
Mannion appeared in a 1991 story in the New Hampshire Sunday News when he was newly married to his first wife and was a private in the Army. At that time, Mannion, who joined the Army in 1989, was 22 and had been deployed to the Persian Gulf during the Gulf War.
Mannion most recently worked as a project manager with CSI Corp.
“He was a great guy, dedicated to his family and children. At work he always made sure the job got done,” said co-worker Anna Portelli, who described Mannion as a “huge” New England sports fan.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bath man, 73, charged with sexual assault of child - 0
- Two Derry residents charged with burglarizing home - 0
- 4 charged with digging up corpse of NH businessman - 0
- Former Manchester restaurateur convicted of sexual assault - 0
- Check scheme leads to arrests in Nashua - 0
- Nashua police warn of phone scam involving IRS claims - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Three arrested on drug charges after police search apartment - 3
- Seabrook fires two officers for Bergeron brutality - 7
- Former Claremont PTO member arrested for theft - 0
- Rye insurance expert to be liaison between former LGC subsidiary, state regulator - 0
- Federal judge puts NH abortion clinic buffer zone law on hold, orders it not be enforced - 1
- Truck flips on I-93 Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Innis with terrorists? A low blow from Guinta - 2
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 12
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 10
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 4
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOsREADER COMMENTS: 2
Market Basket walkout a future case study
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917