May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Woman charged with first-degree murder of Sandown man
SANDOWN — A woman faces a first-degree murder charge in the shooting death of a Sandown man found dead at his home last month.
Nicole R. LeBlanc, 38, was arrested Friday morning and charged with killing Richard Mannion Jr. on Jan. 14, Attorney General Michael A. Delaney, State Police Col. Robert Quinn, and Police Chief Joseph Gordon announced Friday afternoon in a joint statement.
Mannion, 43, was found dead inside his home at 31 Hollow Oak Drive after police responded to the residence following a 911 call.
Authorities provided no other details on the arrest or a possible motive for the killing.
Assistant Attorney General Peter Hinckley declined to disclose LeBlanc's place of residence, saying that despite the arrest the case is still an “open and active” investigation and that LeBlanc would have an attorney at her arraignment Monday who could provide more information.
Hinckley also wouldn't say how LeBlanc and Mannion may have known each other.
“At this point I'm really limited to the information we provided (in a news release),” Hinckley said.
LeBlanc is being held without bail at the Rockingham County jail and will be arraigned Monday at 9 a.m. in the 10th Circuit-Derry District Division.
Mannion had two older daughters and two younger sons and was reportedly divorced three times. He bought the ranch home in Sandown in 2010.
Mannion appeared in a 1991 story in the New Hampshire Sunday News when he was newly married to his first wife and was a private in the Army. At that time, Mannion, who joined the Army in 1989, was 22 and had been deployed to the Persian Gulf during the Gulf War.
Mannion most recently worked as a project manager with CSI Corp.
“He was a great guy, dedicated to his family and children. At work he always made sure the job got done,” said co-worker Anna Portelli, who described Mannion as a “huge” New England sports fan.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 1
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 11
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 30
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424