Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Woman charged with first-degree murder of Sandown man
SANDOWN — A woman faces a first-degree murder charge in the shooting death of a Sandown man found dead at his home last month.
Nicole R. LeBlanc, 38, was arrested Friday morning and charged with killing Richard Mannion Jr. on Jan. 14, Attorney General Michael A. Delaney, State Police Col. Robert Quinn, and Police Chief Joseph Gordon announced Friday afternoon in a joint statement.
Mannion, 43, was found dead inside his home at 31 Hollow Oak Drive after police responded to the residence following a 911 call.
Authorities provided no other details on the arrest or a possible motive for the killing.
Assistant Attorney General Peter Hinckley declined to disclose LeBlanc's place of residence, saying that despite the arrest the case is still an “open and active” investigation and that LeBlanc would have an attorney at her arraignment Monday who could provide more information.
Hinckley also wouldn't say how LeBlanc and Mannion may have known each other.
“At this point I'm really limited to the information we provided (in a news release),” Hinckley said.
LeBlanc is being held without bail at the Rockingham County jail and will be arraigned Monday at 9 a.m. in the 10th Circuit-Derry District Division.
Mannion had two older daughters and two younger sons and was reportedly divorced three times. He bought the ranch home in Sandown in 2010.
Mannion appeared in a 1991 story in the New Hampshire Sunday News when he was newly married to his first wife and was a private in the Army. At that time, Mannion, who joined the Army in 1989, was 22 and had been deployed to the Persian Gulf during the Gulf War.
Mannion most recently worked as a project manager with CSI Corp.
“He was a great guy, dedicated to his family and children. At work he always made sure the job got done,” said co-worker Anna Portelli, who described Mannion as a “huge” New England sports fan.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Delayed sexual assault trial to start today - 0
- Manchester man charged in series of store robberies - 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424