Home » News » Public Safety
3 seriously hurt in I-93 crash in Salem
SALEM — Three people were seriously injured late Friday when their pickup truck flipped over on Interstate 93, according to the Salem Fire Department.
Fire Capt. Stephane Cattin said the truck hit and impaled a guardrail, then turned over several times before coming to rest on its tires in the median of the interstate about 11:45 p.m. Friday.
He said two passengers were outside the truck by the time rescue crews arrived, but the third person was trapped for about a half-hour while crews used hydraulic tools to get the person out.
“It was a fairly complex and extensive extrication,” Cattin said.
All three people — Cattin would not release their names — were taken by the fire department to Lawrence General Hospital in Lawrence, Mass., with serious, but not life-threatening, injuries, he said.
“The injuries were significant all the way around,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 10
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 2
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'