Home » News » Public Safety
3 seriously hurt in I-93 crash in Salem
SALEM — Three people were seriously injured late Friday when their pickup truck flipped over on Interstate 93, according to the Salem Fire Department.
Fire Capt. Stephane Cattin said the truck hit and impaled a guardrail, then turned over several times before coming to rest on its tires in the median of the interstate about 11:45 p.m. Friday.
He said two passengers were outside the truck by the time rescue crews arrived, but the third person was trapped for about a half-hour while crews used hydraulic tools to get the person out.
“It was a fairly complex and extensive extrication,” Cattin said.
All three people — Cattin would not release their names — were taken by the fire department to Lawrence General Hospital in Lawrence, Mass., with serious, but not life-threatening, injuries, he said.
“The injuries were significant all the way around,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072