Home » News » Public Safety
3 seriously hurt in I-93 crash in Salem
SALEM — Three people were seriously injured late Friday when their pickup truck flipped over on Interstate 93, according to the Salem Fire Department.
Fire Capt. Stephane Cattin said the truck hit and impaled a guardrail, then turned over several times before coming to rest on its tires in the median of the interstate about 11:45 p.m. Friday.
He said two passengers were outside the truck by the time rescue crews arrived, but the third person was trapped for about a half-hour while crews used hydraulic tools to get the person out.
“It was a fairly complex and extensive extrication,” Cattin said.
All three people — Cattin would not release their names — were taken by the fire department to Lawrence General Hospital in Lawrence, Mass., with serious, but not life-threatening, injuries, he said.
“The injuries were significant all the way around,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
- Harvard clears all buildings after report of explosives - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
- Belmont makes deal to sell Winnisquam fire station for $240,000 - 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 0
- $3.6 million rotary near Nashua-Hudson line advances - 0
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072