Home » News » Public Safety
3 seriously hurt in I-93 crash in Salem
SALEM — Three people were seriously injured late Friday when their pickup truck flipped over on Interstate 93, according to the Salem Fire Department.
Fire Capt. Stephane Cattin said the truck hit and impaled a guardrail, then turned over several times before coming to rest on its tires in the median of the interstate about 11:45 p.m. Friday.
He said two passengers were outside the truck by the time rescue crews arrived, but the third person was trapped for about a half-hour while crews used hydraulic tools to get the person out.
“It was a fairly complex and extensive extrication,” Cattin said.
All three people — Cattin would not release their names — were taken by the fire department to Lawrence General Hospital in Lawrence, Mass., with serious, but not life-threatening, injuries, he said.
“The injuries were significant all the way around,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Updated: House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 9
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Updated: House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs