Home » News » Public Safety
3 seriously hurt in I-93 crash in Salem
SALEM — Three people were seriously injured late Friday when their pickup truck flipped over on Interstate 93, according to the Salem Fire Department.
Fire Capt. Stephane Cattin said the truck hit and impaled a guardrail, then turned over several times before coming to rest on its tires in the median of the interstate about 11:45 p.m. Friday.
He said two passengers were outside the truck by the time rescue crews arrived, but the third person was trapped for about a half-hour while crews used hydraulic tools to get the person out.
“It was a fairly complex and extensive extrication,” Cattin said.
All three people — Cattin would not release their names — were taken by the fire department to Lawrence General Hospital in Lawrence, Mass., with serious, but not life-threatening, injuries, he said.
“The injuries were significant all the way around,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072