New Hampshire has logged 1,887 same-sex marriages
The state Division of Vital Records at the Department of State has been keeping track of civil unions and same-sex marriages performed in the state since 2008, when the state began recognizing civil unions.
As of Friday, there have been 1,887 same-sex marriages recorded in New Hampshire, including 785 civil unions that converted to marriages after the state's same-sex marriage law took effect on Jan. 1, 2010.
The division has added a line asking for “gender” on marriage licenses, explained Director Stephen Wurtz, and also asks couples to state how they wish to be designated: bride, groom or spouse.
In 2010, 412 couples chose to convert their civil unions to marriages. And as of Jan. 1, 2011, all remaining civil unions were converted to marriages administratively, Wurtz noted.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Minimum wages: Maximum spin - 13
- A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth - 1
- Supervised visitation: The metal detector problem - 1
- Charter cap trap: A restriction to repeal - 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 4
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 19
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings being evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal