New Hampshire has logged 1,887 same-sex marriages
Change vowed in bill to repeal gay marriage
The state Division of Vital Records at the Department of State has been keeping track of civil unions and same-sex marriages performed in the state since 2008, when the state began recognizing civil unions.
As of Friday, there have been 1,887 same-sex marriages recorded in New Hampshire, including 785 civil unions that converted to marriages after the state's same-sex marriage law took effect on Jan. 1, 2010.
The division has added a line asking for “gender” on marriage licenses, explained Director Stephen Wurtz, and also asks couples to state how they wish to be designated: bride, groom or spouse.
In 2010, 412 couples chose to convert their civil unions to marriages. And as of Jan. 1, 2011, all remaining civil unions were converted to marriages administratively, Wurtz noted.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suit: Claremont's North Country Smokehouse claims $606,011 spent on diamond, SUV, more - 9
- Winnipesaukee watershed association looking to raise its profile - 0
- New Ipswich cemetery’s future is anybody guess after state objects to graves - 1
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 3
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH - 0
- No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test - 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate removes student IDs as indisputable ID for voting - 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 4
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 13
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641