New Hampshire has logged 1,887 same-sex marriages
The state Division of Vital Records at the Department of State has been keeping track of civil unions and same-sex marriages performed in the state since 2008, when the state began recognizing civil unions.
As of Friday, there have been 1,887 same-sex marriages recorded in New Hampshire, including 785 civil unions that converted to marriages after the state's same-sex marriage law took effect on Jan. 1, 2010.
The division has added a line asking for “gender” on marriage licenses, explained Director Stephen Wurtz, and also asks couples to state how they wish to be designated: bride, groom or spouse.
In 2010, 412 couples chose to convert their civil unions to marriages. And as of Jan. 1, 2011, all remaining civil unions were converted to marriages administratively, Wurtz noted.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Reports say Sudanese Christian woman released; Manchester relative hopeful - 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Market Basket community waits and watches