June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Portsmouth police may have interrupted attempted rape
PORTSMOUTH — Police conducting a well-being check may have interrupted an attempted aggravated felonious sexual assault Monday.
Police responded to a State Street apartment to do a well-being check on a woman at the request of a friend who was concerned that the woman was in an unsafe situation, police said.
Upon arrival, police found the woman with Steve Morin, 45, a local man police say has no fixed address.
Police said their investigation determined that the woman was being held against her will, and that officers had allegedly interrupted Morin's attempt to commit an aggravated felonious sexual assault.
Morin was arrested at the scene and charged with four counts of attempted aggravated felonious sexual assault, false imprisonment and simple assault.
He is being held on $25,000 cash and $25,000 personal recognizance bail and is scheduled to be arraigned via video in Portsmouth District Court in the morning.
Police said the case is still actively under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 22
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 2
- Plea expected from woman who allegedly stole from elderly couple - 1
- Judge cancels the scheduled rape trial of a Raymond man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 0
Epping man’s hope for working van realized
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424