Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Portsmouth police may have interrupted attempted rape
PORTSMOUTH — Police conducting a well-being check may have interrupted an attempted aggravated felonious sexual assault Monday.
Police responded to a State Street apartment to do a well-being check on a woman at the request of a friend who was concerned that the woman was in an unsafe situation, police said.
Upon arrival, police found the woman with Steve Morin, 45, a local man police say has no fixed address.
Police said their investigation determined that the woman was being held against her will, and that officers had allegedly interrupted Morin's attempt to commit an aggravated felonious sexual assault.
Morin was arrested at the scene and charged with four counts of attempted aggravated felonious sexual assault, false imprisonment and simple assault.
He is being held on $25,000 cash and $25,000 personal recognizance bail and is scheduled to be arraigned via video in Portsmouth District Court in the morning.
Police said the case is still actively under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483