Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Portsmouth police may have interrupted attempted rape
PORTSMOUTH — Police conducting a well-being check may have interrupted an attempted aggravated felonious sexual assault Monday.
Police responded to a State Street apartment to do a well-being check on a woman at the request of a friend who was concerned that the woman was in an unsafe situation, police said.
Upon arrival, police found the woman with Steve Morin, 45, a local man police say has no fixed address.
Police said their investigation determined that the woman was being held against her will, and that officers had allegedly interrupted Morin's attempt to commit an aggravated felonious sexual assault.
Morin was arrested at the scene and charged with four counts of attempted aggravated felonious sexual assault, false imprisonment and simple assault.
He is being held on $25,000 cash and $25,000 personal recognizance bail and is scheduled to be arraigned via video in Portsmouth District Court in the morning.
Police said the case is still actively under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483