Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Portsmouth police may have interrupted attempted rape
PORTSMOUTH — Police conducting a well-being check may have interrupted an attempted aggravated felonious sexual assault Monday.
Police responded to a State Street apartment to do a well-being check on a woman at the request of a friend who was concerned that the woman was in an unsafe situation, police said.
Upon arrival, police found the woman with Steve Morin, 45, a local man police say has no fixed address.
Police said their investigation determined that the woman was being held against her will, and that officers had allegedly interrupted Morin's attempt to commit an aggravated felonious sexual assault.
Morin was arrested at the scene and charged with four counts of attempted aggravated felonious sexual assault, false imprisonment and simple assault.
He is being held on $25,000 cash and $25,000 personal recognizance bail and is scheduled to be arraigned via video in Portsmouth District Court in the morning.
Police said the case is still actively under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 5
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 8
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424