May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Portsmouth police may have interrupted attempted rape
PORTSMOUTH — Police conducting a well-being check may have interrupted an attempted aggravated felonious sexual assault Monday.
Police responded to a State Street apartment to do a well-being check on a woman at the request of a friend who was concerned that the woman was in an unsafe situation, police said.
Upon arrival, police found the woman with Steve Morin, 45, a local man police say has no fixed address.
Police said their investigation determined that the woman was being held against her will, and that officers had allegedly interrupted Morin's attempt to commit an aggravated felonious sexual assault.
Morin was arrested at the scene and charged with four counts of attempted aggravated felonious sexual assault, false imprisonment and simple assault.
He is being held on $25,000 cash and $25,000 personal recognizance bail and is scheduled to be arraigned via video in Portsmouth District Court in the morning.
Police said the case is still actively under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 1
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 31
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424