Home » News » Public Safety
Lee woman charged in truck theft, crash
MANCHESTER — A Lee woman is under arrest after police say she stole a truck on High Street and crashed it into four other vehicles.
About 11:30 Sunday morning, a work truck was reported stolen from outside 51 High St. Simultaneously, police were called for a nearby multi-vehicle crash at the intersection of Union and High streets.
Police said it turned out the stolen truck collided with a parked car two blocks away on Union Street, near Lowell Street. It continued south on Union Street, striking two other parked cars near Amherst Street before rear-ending a fourth car stopped at a red light at Hanover Street, according to police.
Police arrested the driver of the truck, identified as Jenell Thompson, 28, of Lee, and charged her with operating under the influence of liquor, second offense, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, receiving stolen property, conduct after an accident, and operating after suspension/habitual offender.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 2
- Fire rips through Rochester industrial complex - 0
- Report due soon on alleged abuse at neuro-rehab centers - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins - 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Derry holiday parade to be held today
Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins