Home » News » Public Safety
Lee woman charged in truck theft, crash
MANCHESTER — A Lee woman is under arrest after police say she stole a truck on High Street and crashed it into four other vehicles.
About 11:30 Sunday morning, a work truck was reported stolen from outside 51 High St. Simultaneously, police were called for a nearby multi-vehicle crash at the intersection of Union and High streets.
Police said it turned out the stolen truck collided with a parked car two blocks away on Union Street, near Lowell Street. It continued south on Union Street, striking two other parked cars near Amherst Street before rear-ending a fourth car stopped at a red light at Hanover Street, according to police.
Police arrested the driver of the truck, identified as Jenell Thompson, 28, of Lee, and charged her with operating under the influence of liquor, second offense, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, receiving stolen property, conduct after an accident, and operating after suspension/habitual offender.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
A new era for Nashua's police force
UNH loses to Illinois State