Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Turn signal draws attention, then arrest
MANCHESTER — Forgetting to use a turn signal landed a driver in handcuffs after police said they found drugs on him.
A patrol officer pulled over Matthew Roy, 25, of 24 Norton Ave., after he failed to use a required directional signal at Maple and Valley streets Monday afternoon, according to a police press release.
Police said they later found a variety of prescription pills on him including 25 clonazepam pills, an anti-seizure medication; three alprazolam pills, prescribed for treatment of anxiety and panic attack; and nine buprenorphine, a drug prescribed to treat heroin addiction.
Officers also recovered about 1.5 grams of marijuana in a couple of canning jars in the car, according to Lt. Maureen Tessier.
Roy was arrested and charged with three felony counts of possession of a controlled drug and a misdemeanor charge of possession of a controlled drug (marijuana).
His passenger, Tyler Garrett, 25, of 45 Hiler St., was arrested after police said they found a marijuana cigarette on him. He is charged with possession of a controlled drug, a misdemeanor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Ice storm threatens the region
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424