Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Four minutes all it took for arrest after Tilton robbery
TILTON — An 18-year-old homeless man was captured just four minutes after allegedly robbing the Big Apple Store on Main Street Sunday night.
The suspect, David Bickford, was arraigned Monday in Franklin District Court, charged with one felony count of armed robbery, felony theft by unauthorized taking, felony criminal threatening with a weapon, and a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest or detention. He is being held on $25,000 cash bail at Belknap County Jail in Laconia.
Police Chief Robert Cormier said the store clerk alerted police to the robbery at 8:30 p.m., providing them with a description and direction of travel. Bickford had escaped on foot and the clerk didn't see a car. Officers responded to the area immediately and found Bickford hiding by a riverbank in the dark near Elm and Granite streets. He was taken into custody and arrested without incident by 8:34 p.m.
“It all happened within four minutes,” said Cormier.
Cormier said Bickford, dressed in a hooded sweatshirt with his face covered, handed the store clerk a note demanding cash. The note stated he had a gun. However, after he was arrested, police recovered a butcher knife, but no handgun. Cormier said the note, and nearly $800 in stolen cash, was also recovered. Bickford told police he was homeless but had previously lived in Laconia.
A probable cause hearing is scheduled for March 12 at 10:30 a.m. at Belknap 4th Circuit Court in Laconia.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
Big tipper stops for lunch
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Driver was trying to kill himself
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424