June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Shoplifter assaults Rite Aid employee
MANCHESTER — Police are looking for a man in a shoplifting case gone bad, otherwise known as a strong-arm robbery, Wednesday night at Rite Aid on Elm Street.
Just after 5 p.m., a man entered the store after smoking a cigarette outside. Michael Dobe, the store’s loss-prevention employee, followed the man at a distance and watched as he took a $60 box of teeth-whitening products and tucked them into the front of his jeans.
The shoplifter left the store without paying for the merchandise, but Dobe caught up to him outside. The man gave back the stolen merchandise, but when Dobe asked him to return to the store, police said he pushed Dobe in the chest and wrestled with him.
The shoplifter wriggled out of his black sweatshirt and black T-shirt — with the words “Kokonuttz Sports Bar” on the front — in the tussle with Dobe, leaving both behind before fleeing.
Police said he also was wearing dark-colored sneakers and was last seen running east on Pennacook Street.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 2
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 16
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424