Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Shoplifter assaults Rite Aid employee
MANCHESTER — Police are looking for a man in a shoplifting case gone bad, otherwise known as a strong-arm robbery, Wednesday night at Rite Aid on Elm Street.
Just after 5 p.m., a man entered the store after smoking a cigarette outside. Michael Dobe, the store’s loss-prevention employee, followed the man at a distance and watched as he took a $60 box of teeth-whitening products and tucked them into the front of his jeans.
The shoplifter left the store without paying for the merchandise, but Dobe caught up to him outside. The man gave back the stolen merchandise, but when Dobe asked him to return to the store, police said he pushed Dobe in the chest and wrestled with him.
The shoplifter wriggled out of his black sweatshirt and black T-shirt — with the words “Kokonuttz Sports Bar” on the front — in the tussle with Dobe, leaving both behind before fleeing.
Police said he also was wearing dark-colored sneakers and was last seen running east on Pennacook Street.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483