Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Shoplifter assaults Rite Aid employee
MANCHESTER — Police are looking for a man in a shoplifting case gone bad, otherwise known as a strong-arm robbery, Wednesday night at Rite Aid on Elm Street.
Just after 5 p.m., a man entered the store after smoking a cigarette outside. Michael Dobe, the store’s loss-prevention employee, followed the man at a distance and watched as he took a $60 box of teeth-whitening products and tucked them into the front of his jeans.
The shoplifter left the store without paying for the merchandise, but Dobe caught up to him outside. The man gave back the stolen merchandise, but when Dobe asked him to return to the store, police said he pushed Dobe in the chest and wrestled with him.
The shoplifter wriggled out of his black sweatshirt and black T-shirt — with the words “Kokonuttz Sports Bar” on the front — in the tussle with Dobe, leaving both behind before fleeing.
Police said he also was wearing dark-colored sneakers and was last seen running east on Pennacook Street.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 1
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 1
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Headlight out leads to pot charges for Merrimack teen and her passenger - 0
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident wasn't wearing helmet - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917