Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Shoplifter assaults Rite Aid employee
MANCHESTER — Police are looking for a man in a shoplifting case gone bad, otherwise known as a strong-arm robbery, Wednesday night at Rite Aid on Elm Street.
Just after 5 p.m., a man entered the store after smoking a cigarette outside. Michael Dobe, the store’s loss-prevention employee, followed the man at a distance and watched as he took a $60 box of teeth-whitening products and tucked them into the front of his jeans.
The shoplifter left the store without paying for the merchandise, but Dobe caught up to him outside. The man gave back the stolen merchandise, but when Dobe asked him to return to the store, police said he pushed Dobe in the chest and wrestled with him.
The shoplifter wriggled out of his black sweatshirt and black T-shirt — with the words “Kokonuttz Sports Bar” on the front — in the tussle with Dobe, leaving both behind before fleeing.
Police said he also was wearing dark-colored sneakers and was last seen running east on Pennacook Street.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of menacing woman, assaulting teen - 0
- Dover man sought in Rochester shooting - 1
- Convicted sex offender faces porn charges - 1
- Lawyer takes stand in his own defense at sex assault trial - 0
- Supporters are now 'Abby Strong' - 2
- Judge orders Rolfe to spend 5 years in state hospital - 0
- Trial involving former Derry town administrator delayed - 0
- Months later, cause of Canterbury logger's death remains a mystery - 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 4
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917