Home » News » Public Safety
Massachusetts man dies in collision on Route 202
RINDGE — An 18-year-old Winchendon, Mass., man died in a two-vehicle crash on Route 202 Friday night.
Jose E. Freitas Jr., a driver of one of the vehicles involved in the crash, succumbed to injuries, police said in a news release on Saturday.
Police responded to the crash scene between Walmart and Market Basket on Route 202 about 9:52 p.m.
They found both vehicles had sustained major damage. At least one of the crash victims had to be removed from a vehicle.
Police were soon joined on the scene by Rindge Fire and Rescue as well as members of the Jaffrey and Winchendon fire departments.
Three other crash victims — Alyssa Ellsworth, 17, of Ashburnham, Mass., Susan Hilman, 57, of Peterborough and Cheryl Jankowski, 50, of New Ipswich — were taken by Jaffrey and Winchendon ambulances to Monadnock Community Hospital in Peterborough for treatment.
State police assisted at the scene. Rindge police are investigating the cause of the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 2
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 21
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 1
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m