Home » News » Public Safety
Massachusetts man dies in collision on Route 202
RINDGE — An 18-year-old Winchendon, Mass., man died in a two-vehicle crash on Route 202 Friday night.
Jose E. Freitas Jr., a driver of one of the vehicles involved in the crash, succumbed to injuries, police said in a news release on Saturday.
Police responded to the crash scene between Walmart and Market Basket on Route 202 about 9:52 p.m.
They found both vehicles had sustained major damage. At least one of the crash victims had to be removed from a vehicle.
Police were soon joined on the scene by Rindge Fire and Rescue as well as members of the Jaffrey and Winchendon fire departments.
Three other crash victims — Alyssa Ellsworth, 17, of Ashburnham, Mass., Susan Hilman, 57, of Peterborough and Cheryl Jankowski, 50, of New Ipswich — were taken by Jaffrey and Winchendon ambulances to Monadnock Community Hospital in Peterborough for treatment.
State police assisted at the scene. Rindge police are investigating the cause of the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 0
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 0
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed