Home » News » Public Safety
Emergency workers cut branches to free driver who struck Manchester tree
MANCHESTER — A driver was taken to Elliot Hospital Sunday night with minor injuries after hitting a tree on Bodwell Road.
Manchester police say the man, whom they did not identify, struck a tree outside 122 Bodwell Road at 7:44 p.m.
The tree fell on top of the vehicle. The fire department was called to the scene to cut some of the tree's limbs so the man could be freed from the vehicle.
Police said the man, who they described as having a history of medical issues, was transported to the Elliot at 8:11 p.m.
Bodwell Road was closed for about 30 minutes while emergency personnel worked to extricate the driver, who was alone in the vehicle.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Dover mortorcyclist taken to Maine hospital after crash - 0
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 18
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 11
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
READER COMMENTS: 4
- 37 hikers rescued from Mt. Major in Alton during weekend - 2
- Rochester eyes another Legion baseball crown - 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 4
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 2
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's