Home » News » Public Safety
Littleton woman injured in snowmobile accident
LEBANON — A 49-year-old Littleton woman was in stable condition Sunday night at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon after she was injured Saturday in a rollover snowmobile crash on Lake Umbagog near Errol.
Myriam O'Neill suffered serious, but non-life-threatening injuries, according to New Hampshire Fish and game investigators, at about 2 p.m. when she was involved in the single-vehicle accident while riding across Sunday Cove in the northeast part of the lake.
O'Neill lost control of the snowmobile on the frozen lake and crashed on the ice, Officer Mark Ober Jr. said in a news release issued from Fish and Game's Region One office in Lancaster.
“Members Mrs. O'Neill's riding group provided initial first aid until volunteers from Errol Rescue could respond with their … ATV to transport Ms. O'Neill across most of the lake to the boat launch off Route 26 in Errol … .” Ober wrote.
There, he said, a Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team helicopter picked O'Neill up and flew her to DHMC.
Although the crash occurred on a portion of the lake that's in Maine, Errol Rescue — the closest emergency response team to the site — was dispatched to render aid, according to Ober. He said a member of O'Neill's riding group summoned help by riding across the lake to Paradise Point where he was able to find a resident who dialed 911. Fish and Game conservation officers and members of the Errol Fire Department also assisted in the rescue, Ober wrote.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'