Home » News » Public Safety
Littleton woman injured in snowmobile accident
LEBANON — A 49-year-old Littleton woman was in stable condition Sunday night at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon after she was injured Saturday in a rollover snowmobile crash on Lake Umbagog near Errol.
Myriam O'Neill suffered serious, but non-life-threatening injuries, according to New Hampshire Fish and game investigators, at about 2 p.m. when she was involved in the single-vehicle accident while riding across Sunday Cove in the northeast part of the lake.
O'Neill lost control of the snowmobile on the frozen lake and crashed on the ice, Officer Mark Ober Jr. said in a news release issued from Fish and Game's Region One office in Lancaster.
“Members Mrs. O'Neill's riding group provided initial first aid until volunteers from Errol Rescue could respond with their … ATV to transport Ms. O'Neill across most of the lake to the boat launch off Route 26 in Errol … .” Ober wrote.
There, he said, a Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team helicopter picked O'Neill up and flew her to DHMC.
Although the crash occurred on a portion of the lake that's in Maine, Errol Rescue — the closest emergency response team to the site — was dispatched to render aid, according to Ober. He said a member of O'Neill's riding group summoned help by riding across the lake to Paradise Point where he was able to find a resident who dialed 911. Fish and Game conservation officers and members of the Errol Fire Department also assisted in the rescue, Ober wrote.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force