Home » News » Public Safety
Littleton woman injured in snowmobile accident
LEBANON — A 49-year-old Littleton woman was in stable condition Sunday night at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon after she was injured Saturday in a rollover snowmobile crash on Lake Umbagog near Errol.
Myriam O'Neill suffered serious, but non-life-threatening injuries, according to New Hampshire Fish and game investigators, at about 2 p.m. when she was involved in the single-vehicle accident while riding across Sunday Cove in the northeast part of the lake.
O'Neill lost control of the snowmobile on the frozen lake and crashed on the ice, Officer Mark Ober Jr. said in a news release issued from Fish and Game's Region One office in Lancaster.
“Members Mrs. O'Neill's riding group provided initial first aid until volunteers from Errol Rescue could respond with their … ATV to transport Ms. O'Neill across most of the lake to the boat launch off Route 26 in Errol … .” Ober wrote.
There, he said, a Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team helicopter picked O'Neill up and flew her to DHMC.
Although the crash occurred on a portion of the lake that's in Maine, Errol Rescue — the closest emergency response team to the site — was dispatched to render aid, according to Ober. He said a member of O'Neill's riding group summoned help by riding across the lake to Paradise Point where he was able to find a resident who dialed 911. Fish and Game conservation officers and members of the Errol Fire Department also assisted in the rescue, Ober wrote.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 6
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 7
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 1
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 22
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll