Home » News » Public Safety
Massachusetts man found dead on Cannon ski lift
FRANCONIA — State Police do not suspect foul play in the death of a Massachusetts man found on a ski lift at the Cannon Mountain Ski Area Sunday.
Police were called to Cannon Mountain at 4:40 p.m. to respond to a report of an unresponsive male skier on a lift. Littleton Ambulance and Littleton Regional Paramedic staff also responded. They attempted to revive the man but were unsuccessful.
The victim, identified as John Denapoli, 47, of Lunenburg, Mass., had been skiing with friends all day and was found on a lift by himself. State Police said they are not investigating his death as a ski-related injury or accident.
The state medical examiner's office will perform an autopsy, due to the age of the victim.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'