Home » News » Public Safety
Massachusetts man found dead on Cannon ski lift
FRANCONIA — State Police do not suspect foul play in the death of a Massachusetts man found on a ski lift at the Cannon Mountain Ski Area Sunday.
Police were called to Cannon Mountain at 4:40 p.m. to respond to a report of an unresponsive male skier on a lift. Littleton Ambulance and Littleton Regional Paramedic staff also responded. They attempted to revive the man but were unsuccessful.
The victim, identified as John Denapoli, 47, of Lunenburg, Mass., had been skiing with friends all day and was found on a lift by himself. State Police said they are not investigating his death as a ski-related injury or accident.
The state medical examiner's office will perform an autopsy, due to the age of the victim.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072