Home » News » Public Safety
Massachusetts man found dead on Cannon ski lift
FRANCONIA — State Police do not suspect foul play in the death of a Massachusetts man found on a ski lift at the Cannon Mountain Ski Area Sunday.
Police were called to Cannon Mountain at 4:40 p.m. to respond to a report of an unresponsive male skier on a lift. Littleton Ambulance and Littleton Regional Paramedic staff also responded. They attempted to revive the man but were unsuccessful.
The victim, identified as John Denapoli, 47, of Lunenburg, Mass., had been skiing with friends all day and was found on a lift by himself. State Police said they are not investigating his death as a ski-related injury or accident.
The state medical examiner's office will perform an autopsy, due to the age of the victim.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions