Home » News » Public Safety
Massachusetts man found dead on Cannon ski lift
FRANCONIA — State Police do not suspect foul play in the death of a Massachusetts man found on a ski lift at the Cannon Mountain Ski Area Sunday.
Police were called to Cannon Mountain at 4:40 p.m. to respond to a report of an unresponsive male skier on a lift. Littleton Ambulance and Littleton Regional Paramedic staff also responded. They attempted to revive the man but were unsuccessful.
The victim, identified as John Denapoli, 47, of Lunenburg, Mass., had been skiing with friends all day and was found on a lift by himself. State Police said they are not investigating his death as a ski-related injury or accident.
The state medical examiner's office will perform an autopsy, due to the age of the victim.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire damages interior of home on Bypass 28 in Derry - 0
- He helps make the Londonderry police force stronger - 0
- Hampton Beach Fire makes new home official - 0
- Firefighters from 10 towns fight Loudon 3-alarm blaze - 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
A chief walks: No charges in New London
Big tipper stops for lunch
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072