All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left. | Register | Sign In

After spreading from a nearby outdoor fireplace, a fire destroyed a mobile home at 540 Hornetown Road in Farmington Monday afternoon. A firefighter sustained minor injuries after falling through the floor while extinguishing the blaze. JOHN QUINN 

Farmington mobile home destroyed in blaze

FARMINGTON — A smoldering fire from an outdoor fireplace destroyed a mobile home along Hornetown Road and caused minor injuries to a firefighter Monday afternoon.

Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded to 540 Hornetown Road at 11:51 a.m.

Fire Chief Richard Fowler said one firefighter sustained minor injuries after falling through the floor, which he believes was substantially weakened before the fire occurred.

While an investigation is ongoing, firefighters believe the fire began in the nearby fireplace, Fowler said.

Fowler said the home is no longer livable, both from the fire damage and other unrelated code and health violations.


Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle - Public Safety