Farmington mobile home destroyed in blaze
FARMINGTON — A smoldering fire from an outdoor fireplace destroyed a mobile home along Hornetown Road and caused minor injuries to a firefighter Monday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded to 540 Hornetown Road at 11:51 a.m.
Fire Chief Richard Fowler said one firefighter sustained minor injuries after falling through the floor, which he believes was substantially weakened before the fire occurred.
While an investigation is ongoing, firefighters believe the fire began in the nearby fireplace, Fowler said.
Fowler said the home is no longer livable, both from the fire damage and other unrelated code and health violations.