Home » News » Public Safety
Hampton man dies after motorcycle crash
HAMPTON — A local man has died after suffering serious injuries in a motorcycle accident on Monday morning.
Edward Johnson, 47, of Hampton had been listed in critical condition at Portsmouth Regional Hospital throughout the day on Monday.
Around 10 p.m., hospital spokeswoman Nancy Notis said Johnson had succumbed to his injuries.
Police arrived at the scene of the single motorcycle crash shortly after 7:20 a.m. on Monday and found Hampton Fire & Rescue crews already attending to Johnson. Johnson's motorcycle was lying in the middle of the south bound lane of Route 1 just south of the Route 101 interchange, police said.
Based on roadway evidence and witnesses at the scene, police believe Johnson was heading south on Route 1 at the time of the crash.
The crash remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Man pulled from Barnstead pickup truck wreck with serious head injury - 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 3
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester