May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Woman arrested for abandoning dogs in Danville
DANVILLE – A local woman was arrested Tuesday on charges she abandoned her two dogs on Twin Bridges Road earlier this month.
Mary Wilson, 30, of 2 Hemlock Drive, Danville, faces two counts of cruelty to animals for allegedly dumping the dogs March 8.
Police began investigating the case after a witness reported seeing a black truck stop in an isolated area, and the driver opened the passenger door from inside the truck. Two small dogs got out, and the truck immediately took off, according to Police Chief Wade Parsons.
The dogs — a black and brown chiweenie and gray toy poodle — were recovered by Danville officers minutes later and brought to the New Hampshire Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in Stratham. The dogs remain in the care of the SPCA and were voluntarily surrendered to the shelter after Wilson's arrest, police said.
Wilson will be arraigned May 14 in the 10th Circuit Court, Plaistow District Division. If convicted, she could face up to a year in jail and a $2,000 fine for each offense.
On the day the dogs were left behind, police issued a public plea hoping for information that would lead to the person responsible.
At the time, witnesses told police that they thought it was a man who had abandoned the dogs. Police described the dogs as “extremely dirty” and in need of care when they were found by officers.
While the dogs had fleas and some feces on them, SPCA officials said they appeared to be in good health.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 3
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 1
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 54
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 0
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 6
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424