Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Woman arrested for abandoning dogs in Danville
DANVILLE – A local woman was arrested Tuesday on charges she abandoned her two dogs on Twin Bridges Road earlier this month.
Mary Wilson, 30, of 2 Hemlock Drive, Danville, faces two counts of cruelty to animals for allegedly dumping the dogs March 8.
Police began investigating the case after a witness reported seeing a black truck stop in an isolated area, and the driver opened the passenger door from inside the truck. Two small dogs got out, and the truck immediately took off, according to Police Chief Wade Parsons.
The dogs — a black and brown chiweenie and gray toy poodle — were recovered by Danville officers minutes later and brought to the New Hampshire Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in Stratham. The dogs remain in the care of the SPCA and were voluntarily surrendered to the shelter after Wilson's arrest, police said.
Wilson will be arraigned May 14 in the 10th Circuit Court, Plaistow District Division. If convicted, she could face up to a year in jail and a $2,000 fine for each offense.
On the day the dogs were left behind, police issued a public plea hoping for information that would lead to the person responsible.
At the time, witnesses told police that they thought it was a man who had abandoned the dogs. Police described the dogs as “extremely dirty” and in need of care when they were found by officers.
While the dogs had fleas and some feces on them, SPCA officials said they appeared to be in good health.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 5
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief