Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Man hospitalized after shot fired into ground near turnpike in Merrimack
MERRIMACK - State police apprehended a 53-year-old man from Nashua on the side of the F.E. Everett Turnpike Tuesday morning after he allegedly fired a gun into the ground.
The man, whose name has not been released, was taken by ambulance to a hospital for evaluation. Authorities would not comment on his mental status but said he may have threatened to harm himself, although he did not appear to be injured.
The individual was a passenger in a car traveling north on the turnpike, said police, adding the driver pulled off to the side of the road around 11 a.m. near Exit 10 upon seeing the passenger's handgun.
The passenger got out of the car and fled toward Camper's Inn, where police eventually located him and seized the weapon.
At no time was the driver or any officer threatened with the gun, according to police. Investigators believe a single shot was fired into the ground, but the bullet has not been located, said Sgt. Paul Hunt.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 21
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917