Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Man hospitalized after shot fired into ground near turnpike in Merrimack
MERRIMACK - State police apprehended a 53-year-old man from Nashua on the side of the F.E. Everett Turnpike Tuesday morning after he allegedly fired a gun into the ground.
The man, whose name has not been released, was taken by ambulance to a hospital for evaluation. Authorities would not comment on his mental status but said he may have threatened to harm himself, although he did not appear to be injured.
The individual was a passenger in a car traveling north on the turnpike, said police, adding the driver pulled off to the side of the road around 11 a.m. near Exit 10 upon seeing the passenger's handgun.
The passenger got out of the car and fled toward Camper's Inn, where police eventually located him and seized the weapon.
At no time was the driver or any officer threatened with the gun, according to police. Investigators believe a single shot was fired into the ground, but the bullet has not been located, said Sgt. Paul Hunt.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 1
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief