Epping teacher makes top 5 in space contest
An Epping High School teacher has been chosen as one of five finalists in a national competition that could send him into space.
John Herman, 34, announced Tuesday that he was selected as a finalist from 20 semi-finalists hoping to win a sub-orbital space flight in the Space Needle's Space Race 2012.
Herman was one of 50,000 people who originally entered the competition being held to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Seattle's Space Needle tower. He was later asked to make a video explaining why he should be chosen for the flight, which will be offered through Space Adventures, a Virginia-based company that provides space flights.
Herman will now head to Seattle in May to compete in a series of physical and mental challenges to determine the winner.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 1
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383