May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Bow physician indicted in sex assault of teen patient
CONCORD - A Bow doctor, already charged with raping two women patients, is now charged with sexually assaulting a teenage patient.
A Merrimack County grand jury issued five indictments on March 15 charging Dr. Steven Chern, 64, formerly of Bow but now of 46 Harmony Road, Northwood, with sexual assault, all class A misdemeanors. The indictments were made public Monday.
Chern is accused of intentionally touching the girl’s hand with his penis when he was treating her at his Bow Mills Family Practice, which has since shut down.
The alleged assaults happened during medical appointments on July 23, 2009, and Aug. 11, 2009, when the teen was 15, and on Oct. 12, 2010, Nov. 1, 2010, and Nov. 8, 2010, when she was 16, according to the indictments.
Chern closed his practice after he was arrested last year. Professional misconduct allegations are pending against him at the New Hampshire Board of Medicine, although Chern voluntarily agreed not to practice medicine.
He is also facing aggravated felonius sexual assault charges in the alleged rapes of two women patients, ages 39 and 42.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424