Pierce, Celtics keep up recent dominance of Bucks
MILWAUKEE -- Paul Pierce had 25 points and nine rebounds as visiting Boston halted Milwaukee's six-game winning streak with a 100-91 win on Thursday.
Kevin Garnett had 16 points and 10 rebounds and Rajon Rondo had 10 points and 14 assists for the Celtics, who are 15-5 in their last 20 games against the Bucks.
Brandon Jennings scored 19 points and Carlos Delfino added 16 for Milwaukee.
Boston held the Bucks to 33 points and 29.3 percent shooting in the second half.
Milwaukee led 71-70 late in the third quarter before Boston scored the final four points of the stanza to start a 20-6 run. Keyon Dooling's basket gave the Celtics a 90-77 advantage midway through the final quarter.
Jennings scored six straight points to pull Milwaukee within 92-85 with 4:05 to play but Garnett and Rondo scored consecutive baskets and Boston held off the push.
Mickael Pietrus added 13 points and Brandon Bass had 12 points and 10 rebounds the Celtics.
Monta Ellis had 13 points and seven assists and Ersan Ilyasova had 12 points and 14 rebounds for the Bucks.
Milwaukee finished the first half with an 11-2 run to take a 58-56 halftime lead. The Bucks made just 6 of 21 shots in the third quarter while scoring only 13 points.
- - - - - - -
GAME NOTEBOOK: Boston backup center Greg Stiemsma had five blocked shots and four steals. ... Ellis is averaging 15 points and 6.7 assists in three games with the Bucks. ... Rondo is averaging 12.3 assists over the last seven games. ... Milwaukee was just 3 for 15 from 3-point range.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Patriots’ Wilfork maintains he’ll be back - 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 1
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840