Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Police: Manchester man stabbed elderly roommate in dispute over TV volume
MANCHESTER - A man stabbed his 81-year-old roommate in the chest during an argument over the volume on the television, police said.
Dennis Fancy, 63, of 42 Union St. is under arrest, charged with first-degree assault in the incident that happened just before midnight Thursday.
Maurice Nicolas, 81, was taken to an area hospital where he was treated for a serious injury but one that does not appear to be life-threatening, according to a press release.
Officers went to the Union Street address at 11:50 p.m. Thursday for a reported stabbing, and were met at the door by Nicolas who was holding a bloody cloth to his chest.
He told police Fancy, who was in a rear bedroom, stabbed him.
Nicolas told police they were arguing over the volume on the TV and Fancy grabbed a knife and stabbed him once in the chest.
Fancy will be arraigned Friday morning in 9th Circuit Court–District Division-Manchester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 3
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 0
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 0
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 1
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 4
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 0
- NH veterans remember attack on Pearl Harbor - 0
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424