Home » News » Public Safety
Head-on crash in Franklin sends three to hospital
FRANKLIN – A head-on collision near the entrance to Webster Valve Inc. on Route 3 that involved a third car sent three people to the hospital Tuesday morning.
Two of the drivers and a passenger involved in the initial collision were airlifted from the accident scene by helicopter with serious injuries, according to state police.
A press release issued by state police indicated the crash occurred at 8:45 a.m. when two vehicles were traveling north on Route 3, and the operator of the first sedan drove over the center line, colliding with the front end of a vehicle traveling southbound. The second northbound vehicle collided with a vehicle in front of it after the initial crash, police said.
Franklin, Tilton/ Northfield, and Sanbornton Fire and Rescue responded to the scene.
The driver of the northbound sedan, a 28-year-old male from Danbury, as well as the driver of the southbound sedan, an 82-year-old male and his passenger, an 80-year-old female, both from Franklin, all sustained serious multiple injuries. Police say all three were transported by helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon. The driver of the third vehicle, a 22-year-old female from Concord, was not injured.
Police say all names are being withheld until family members have been notified.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 4
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Hampton woman, 75, hit by truck in Newington in serious condition - 0
- Police: Handling issues of mentally ill just part of the job - 0
- Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use - 5
- Officials: Missing teen sent letter weeks after last sighting - 0
- UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m. - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072