Home » News » Public Safety
Head-on crash in Franklin sends three to hospital
FRANKLIN – A head-on collision near the entrance to Webster Valve Inc. on Route 3 that involved a third car sent three people to the hospital Tuesday morning.
Two of the drivers and a passenger involved in the initial collision were airlifted from the accident scene by helicopter with serious injuries, according to state police.
A press release issued by state police indicated the crash occurred at 8:45 a.m. when two vehicles were traveling north on Route 3, and the operator of the first sedan drove over the center line, colliding with the front end of a vehicle traveling southbound. The second northbound vehicle collided with a vehicle in front of it after the initial crash, police said.
Franklin, Tilton/ Northfield, and Sanbornton Fire and Rescue responded to the scene.
The driver of the northbound sedan, a 28-year-old male from Danbury, as well as the driver of the southbound sedan, an 82-year-old male and his passenger, an 80-year-old female, both from Franklin, all sustained serious multiple injuries. Police say all three were transported by helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon. The driver of the third vehicle, a 22-year-old female from Concord, was not injured.
Police say all names are being withheld until family members have been notified.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 1
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'