Home » News » Public Safety
Head-on crash in Franklin sends three to hospital
FRANKLIN – A head-on collision near the entrance to Webster Valve Inc. on Route 3 that involved a third car sent three people to the hospital Tuesday morning.
Two of the drivers and a passenger involved in the initial collision were airlifted from the accident scene by helicopter with serious injuries, according to state police.
A press release issued by state police indicated the crash occurred at 8:45 a.m. when two vehicles were traveling north on Route 3, and the operator of the first sedan drove over the center line, colliding with the front end of a vehicle traveling southbound. The second northbound vehicle collided with a vehicle in front of it after the initial crash, police said.
Franklin, Tilton/ Northfield, and Sanbornton Fire and Rescue responded to the scene.
The driver of the northbound sedan, a 28-year-old male from Danbury, as well as the driver of the southbound sedan, an 82-year-old male and his passenger, an 80-year-old female, both from Franklin, all sustained serious multiple injuries. Police say all three were transported by helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon. The driver of the third vehicle, a 22-year-old female from Concord, was not injured.
Police say all names are being withheld until family members have been notified.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council