Home » News » Politics » Primary Plus
Florida Sen. Rubio endorses Romney
WASHINGTON - Senator Marco Rubio of Florida on Wednesday endorsed former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney for the Republican presidential nomination during an appearance on Fox News.
Rubio said Romney has "earned the nomination" and offers a "very clear alternative" to Democratic President Barack Obama.
"I am endorsing Mitt Romney and the reason why is not only is he going to be the Republican nominee but he offers at this point such a stark contrast to the president's record," Rubio said.
Rubio, a first-term senator and rising Republican star, again played down speculation he might accept the second spot on his party's presidential ticket.
"I don't believe I'm going to be asked to be the vice presidential nominee," he said, adding it was not something the he desires.
(Reporting By JoAnne Allen; editing by Todd Eastham)
John DiStaso's Granite Status
READER COMMENTS: 10
- GOP political gathering was a party for many - 0
- GOP rally in Manchester fires up party faithful - 17
- Ayotte kicks off conservative political summit - 2
- Rand Paul offers his 'libertarian twist' on conservatism - 18
- SRO expected at 'Freedom Summit' - 2
- Scott Brown formally launches N.H. campaign for Senate - 44
- Hillary Clinton dodges shoe thrown at her during Las Vegas speech - 1
- Former Mass. Senator Brown comes out swinging on Obamacare as he launches N.H. campaign - 4
- Hillary Clinton blasts Putin, discusses 2016 in San Francisco - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
- 'He is risen': 'As he said' - 0
- A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data - 0
- City budget talk: How about solutions instead? - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire