Florida Sen. Rubio endorses Romney
WASHINGTON - Senator Marco Rubio of Florida on Wednesday endorsed former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney for the Republican presidential nomination during an appearance on Fox News.
Rubio said Romney has "earned the nomination" and offers a "very clear alternative" to Democratic President Barack Obama.
"I am endorsing Mitt Romney and the reason why is not only is he going to be the Republican nominee but he offers at this point such a stark contrast to the president's record," Rubio said.
Rubio, a first-term senator and rising Republican star, again played down speculation he might accept the second spot on his party's presidential ticket.
"I don't believe I'm going to be asked to be the vice presidential nominee," he said, adding it was not something the he desires.
(Reporting By JoAnne Allen; editing by Todd Eastham)
John DiStaso's Granite Status
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief