Home » News » Politics » Primary Plus
Florida Sen. Rubio endorses Romney
WASHINGTON - Senator Marco Rubio of Florida on Wednesday endorsed former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney for the Republican presidential nomination during an appearance on Fox News.
Rubio said Romney has "earned the nomination" and offers a "very clear alternative" to Democratic President Barack Obama.
"I am endorsing Mitt Romney and the reason why is not only is he going to be the Republican nominee but he offers at this point such a stark contrast to the president's record," Rubio said.
Rubio, a first-term senator and rising Republican star, again played down speculation he might accept the second spot on his party's presidential ticket.
"I don't believe I'm going to be asked to be the vice presidential nominee," he said, adding it was not something the he desires.
(Reporting By JoAnne Allen; editing by Todd Eastham)
John DiStaso's Granite Status
READER COMMENTS: 10
- GOP political gathering was a party for many - 0
- GOP rally in Manchester fires up party faithful - 17
- Ayotte kicks off conservative political summit - 2
- Rand Paul offers his 'libertarian twist' on conservatism - 18
- SRO expected at 'Freedom Summit' - 2
- Scott Brown formally launches N.H. campaign for Senate - 44
- Hillary Clinton dodges shoe thrown at her during Las Vegas speech - 1
- Former Mass. Senator Brown comes out swinging on Obamacare as he launches N.H. campaign - 4
- Hillary Clinton blasts Putin, discusses 2016 in San Francisco - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Track Preview: Jenkins paces defending champ North - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Track Preview: McCabe, Parker lead way - 0
- Manchester DPW chief says up to 20 layoffs possible with proposed budget - 7
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: O’Neill’s injury leaves offensive void - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: No doubt about it, Fisher Cats still confident - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 2
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 0
Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH
Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'